Sunday, May 5, 2013

Regional Learning: Sint-Pieters-Leeuw

If you ask me to describe a perfect day from here on out in my life, it might just have to be this day on repeat. Seriously, I couldn't have asked for a better regional learning experience in Sint-Pieters-Leeuw. 

After morning meeting and all that jazz, we loaded up a bus and other shuttles to take us to the Kasteel van Gaasbeek for free time before getting a tour of the local Lindemans Brewery. Gorgeous weather and sunshine, castles, nature, great company. Need I say more? Of course not. I'll just post pictures! =)

Inside the walls of the Kasteel van Gaasbeek
They have peacocks! I stole this photo from my castmate Nirite
 

 Then we walked along the countryside behind farms and ended up at the Lindeman's brewery where they produce all the Lambic beer around the world. We got a tour and got to sample so many great beers - this coming from a girl who doesn't like beer! I tried Fore beer (it's extra sweet), Kriek (cherry), Apple, Raspberry, Blueberry, and Peach beers! SO YUMMY!

We headed back to our facility and had home team olympics. So. much. fun. But so gosh darn competitive! My home team didn't win, but boy did we put our best foot foward. We looked good doing it, too!
Home Team 4: First and Fourmost
Hometeams 1-7 compete in a human wheelbarrow relay race. WE WON!

I went home so supremely happy that day. Thanks, Cast A, for a fantastic regional learning! I wouldn't have changed a thing! =)

No comments: