Monday, January 28, 2013

Host Family Weekend: Daytona Beach

This past weekend, we had a rare two-day host family weekend. YES PLEASE! I'm quickly learning that Host Family days are a beautiful breath of fresh air because they give us time free of schedules and rigorous demands. I LOVE the days we spend together as a cast, but sometimes working straight from 8-5:30 is exhausting! I've loved the host family days I've had with the Piscia's so far, and this weekend was no exception!

Since we had two days off in a row, Edward and Jessica spoiled us even more! Sifan joined our host family the night before since her first host family couldn't host the entire staging period. We love having new family members! =)

 We had a lazy start to our Saturday, but eventually loaded up the car late Saturday afternoon and headed the 2 hours north to Daytona. We stopped at the grocery store to pick up some food to cook dinner at Jessica's grandma's, and then headed to go meet the infamous Grandma Ginny! It was nice being able to visit, and we had a yummy dinner of Ravioli Lasagna (great idea! Instead of lasagna noodles, you layer the raviolis!). 

from L-R: Sifan, Jessica, Grandma Ginny, me, Edward
After dinner, we headed to our beachfront hotel and enjoyed some moonlight walks on the beach!
Moon over the Atlantic

Then we headed to the Pier to explore a bit!

When I'm old and obnoxious, I shall decorate my house in seashell items like this gorgeous Shell-delier
We played a little Skiball, which made me SO happy!
Heck yeah, Skiball!

 
 
After we got some crazy flavored salt-water taffy and had our fill of the pier nightlife, we grabbed some dessert then headed back to the hotel to go hot tubbing! Sifan had never been before, and BOY did this hotel provide about the hottest temperature ever! She still enjoyed it...after we got over that burning flesh sensation!
 
After sampling some of our taffy (which was SO fresh you had to scrape the goo off of the wax paper!), we headed to bed to get ready for our early morning. 


We woke up to watch the sunrise!

Family and hot chocolate. Yay!



Then we headed to one of Edward and Jessica's favorite restaurants, Crabby Joe's, so we could enjoy made-to-order omelets out on an amazing pier!


My sausage, bacon, green pepper, cheddar, mozzarella omelet! Yummy!
Mr. Pelican came to dine with us!

After some relaxing time laying in the sun back at the hotel, we checked out and headed to Ponce Inlet Lighthouse to check out the first lighthouse I'd ever seen in person!

Then we headed home to have a yummy dinner and unwind! Perfect weekend, you ask? You betcha!
Check out the video I made! I like messing around with making short films...hopefully I'll continue to make more during my UWP time!



No comments: