Sunday, January 13, 2013

Host Family Day: DISNEYWORLD!!!

I have such awesome host parents! They are Disney buffs, and they vowed they would take my roomie and me to Disney while we are staying with them! My roommate, Jolien, is a PR for UWP, so she is leaving Lakeland before I am to go set up future cities on our tour! So...given our time crunch, we headed to the "The Mouse House" this weekend before she leaves! We kidnapped Ambrea, too, so she could celebrate her 19th birthday in style! =)

Edward and Jessica hooked us up with passes, a FastPass for Every. Single. Ride! And VIP seating for dinner and the night shows right on the water with a perfect view of the castle. Sheer perfection! I was smiling from ear to ear!

 
We got to the park and rode Thunder Mountain first. Then Haunted Mansion, Peter Pan, Small World, and the new ride in Fantasyland, Ariel’s Grotto. We grabbed some ice cream treats, which for me is a MUST. Every trip to Disney that I can remember, I've always enjoyed a Mickey Ice Cream bar! After our rest, we hit up Space Mountain (MY FAVORITE!), and Buzz Lightyear. We had dinner at the VIP section with corndog bites and fries and shopped a bit. We enjoyed the light show on the castle and the fireworks! Afterwards, Ambrea, Jessica, and I rode Space Mountain one more time (while Jolien and Edward went to the Monster’s Inc. laugh show), then ended the night with Pirates of the Caribbean. Edward and Jessica spoiled us by buying us little trinkets of Disney, which meant a lot to all of us. Then we tried Thunder Mountain one more time, but it was closed. So we headed home. Awesome day!

Here is our day in picture review (with more to come later!):

 Ambrea's birthday cake that I got for her since I couldn't bake her one...yay hideous colors!

 YAY!!!






Family photo!
 Snow White


 One of my favorite rides was unfortunately closed for maintenance! =(
 Here we go on our first ride...Thundermountain Railroad!

 Small World
 The Beast's Castle...new to Fantasyland
Prince Eric's Palace...new to Fantasyland
We also saw that they're building Rapunzel's tower! It's still under construction, though
Tradition!
 LOVE
 Ready for Buzz Lightyear!
 With my host mom, Jessica! We're awesome.
Jack baseball!
 Light show on the castle

Firework photos:










I'll have TONS more photos when Ambrea (aka..Miss Photographer) posts her pictures! Stay tuned!

No comments: