Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Garage Sale Success! UPDATE TIME!

Holy Cow was July exhausting! We priced our little hearts out, organized til the cows came home, and put on three consecutive weekends of INTENSE garage sales - all with extreme heat conditions! They say it takes a village to raise a child...well, it takes a small army to put on a garage sale, and I certainly couldn't have done it without the help of so many! To my parents, Joyce, Mary-Jane, Aunt Sarah, and Katie for their volunteered time, and to everyone who graciously donated so many great items - THANK YOU! I'm already working on pricing more items for our next round of garage sales, but we're not thinking about those until September. August is our month to regroup, recooperate, and re-price! (well, not re-price old items...just go through another round of pricing, you know!) =)

August proved to be quite profitable (although, looking at the amount of things we still have left, you'd never be able to guess we actually SOLD anything! haha). In total, I made around $3,600 just from the sales! Amazing, huh? I'm excited to see what our round of sales in the fall can do.

If you've been following my fundraising progress on the little side bar thermostat <----- (over there), then you'll see I'm slowly but surely making my way to my goal! My end goal changes every time I think about it, but what I've been telling people is that the program will cost me about $17,000, but I would like to have spending money for travel, and the ability to purchase a new laptop and iPad prior to travel, so I'd love to go above and beyond the $17,000 mark. To date, I have $13,090 set aside for my UWP expenses!!! A HUGE thank you to everyone who has helped me make it this far! I look forward to applying for UWP scholarships in the next month or so, and continuing to raise as much money as I can for this amazing cause!

Don't think just because I still have a ton of stuff to sell in the garage sales that I wouldn't still appreciate your unwanted items! Cleaning out the house? Find something you don't use/want anymore? Just let me know! We take everything from little knick-knacks to large furniture items! Thanks everyone! =)

No comments: